The global complementary and alternative medicine market size was valued at USD 52.00 billion in 2017. It is expected to register a CAGR of 18.11% during the forecast period. Increasing awareness regarding the benefits offered by alternative medical therapies is likely to provide an upthrust to the market. A sizeable global population is estimated to use one or the other form of traditional medicine.
Western studies showed that 42% of Americans, 52% of Australians, and between 20% and 65% of Europeans use some form of CAM.
The U.S. self-improvement market was worth $9.9 billion in 2016. It is forecast to post 5.6% average yearly gains from 2016 to 2022, when the market should be worth $13.2 billion.
Source ; marketdataenterprises.com
Top 4 countries that have implemented government strategies to develop CAM and Medical Tourism
N.B. I make a distinction between countries that offer only Allopathic Medical Tourism and Countries offering it integrated with CAM.
This industry can be divided roughly into the following large sectors with some overlap:
1) Holistic & Allopathic medical hospitals & clinics; using the best of both conventional medicine (Allopathic) & alternative medicine also known as CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) or integrative medicine.
2) Medical & conventional Spas
3) CAM and integrative medicine providers, clinics, publishers, manufacturers, distributors and retailors
- Natural supplements: Naturopathic, Herbal, Chinese & Ayurvedic Medicine
- Therapeutic treatments and consultations (1000s exist)
- Support suppliers; laboratories, equipment and technologies including healing and diagnostics instruments
- CAM products: (10,000s exist) for ex.: CDs, DVDs, books, yoga clothes
& accessories, etc.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, relaxation techniques, meditation, etc.
- Personal development / growth, courses, seminars, conferences, accredited professional training.
- Wellness products: (10,000s exist) for ex.: CDs, DVDs, books, incense, crystals, etc.
5) Agriculture: Organic food and medicinal plants cultivation, production, transformation, distribution.
6) Ecotourism, adventure tourism, agro tourism
7) Education for providers and entrepreneurs in all the above disciplines.
My Unique Expertise as a Consultant
I have 27 years experience in this field, in more than a dozen countries, including UK, USA, Canada, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, Australia. I worked as Marketing Manager in the largest Yoga & Wellness Center in the United States for 2.5 years, kripalu.org. Their annual revenue at the time was 14 million USD.
I have owned and operated for the last 15 years, Communion Marketing Communications. I only know of 3 similar firms in the world, but none who are offering the proposed Consultancy herein.
My expertise includes the following areas:
- In-depth understanding of all sectors of the “Natural Wellness Industry” - Strategic marketing planning
- Product & service development
- Innovative revenue stream development for “Natural Wellness Industry” businesses
- Cross sector marketing & partnerships
- Digital marketing; SEO, SEM, SMM, etc
- Specialist in complex innovative web directories with multiple revenue streams - Terminology, languaging, symbols of this industry
- Advanced organizational skills and technology
- Media relations and publicity
- Advertising in all its forms
- Promotional campaigns in all its forms
- Business referral systems
- I am familiar with many major players in this industry across many continents